FRED Version 22.40 Release
We are pleased to announce the release of FRED version 22.40, now available for download at www.photonengr.com/download.
New Features Summary
FREDMPC (GPU raytracing and analyses)
- MPC (GPU Raytracing) now supports ray calculation including polarization.
- MPC (GPU Raytracing) now supports ABg scatter (surface scattering setting) calculation.
- MPC’s post-raytrace path merging process is now many hundreds of times faster.
- MPC raytrace now has five more advanced parameters, including an option to copy GPU parent rays back to the CPU ray buffer for subsequent analysis.
- MPC Raytrace code improvements such that the ray ancestry assignments, ray ancestry threshold enforcement, and surface incident/absorbed powers now match the CPU trace results in an even wider variety of cases.
- FRED now supports two new types of volume scattering, as a result of the newly added Gegenbauer and Mie volume scattering models. New ray filters have also been added to isolate volume scattered rays.
- Added Acktar surface scatter models to the scatter catalogue for FractalBlack, HexaBlack, LambertianBlack, MagicBlack, MaxiBlack, MetalVelvet, ScatterBlack and VacuumBlack. Models for both the visible and Infrared ranges are available.
- Exporting images at arbitrary resolutions is now supported by the image export tool.
- Added eight new ray path filters to aid with path analysis. The new filters are based on the column headings of the Path Summaries table and therefore include items such as Total Ray Powers, Total Ray Counts, as well as the various “Event Count” headers.
- Updates have been made to the glass catalogues of Hikari, Hoya, NHG, and Sumita.
Miscellaneous Updates and Bug Fixes
This release also contains several smaller features and bug fixes in addition to the improvements described above. If you have any questions or encounter any problems with the installation, please email us at email@example.com for assistance.