Photon Design has just released a unique CAD tool for the design and modelling of Echelle gratings in full-vectorial 3D. EchelleCAD is the world's first 3D Echelle grating simulation software package, and is an innovative tool for the modelling and optimisation of Echelle gratings in fully-vectorial 3D.
Echelle gratings provide a very efficient method for wavelength de-multiplexing (WDM) with a small footprint: they are typically much smaller than arrayed waveguide gratings (AWG) and offer simpler layouts. Photon Design provides in EchelleCAD the first commercial 3D Echelle simulation package. Using AWGs? Why not see if an echelle grating would be better!
- 3D fully vectorial modelling of echelle gratings
- Ultra fast propagation in the free-space region using analytic diffraction theory
- Built-in fully vectorial 2D+z finite-difference waveguide mode solver: FIMMWAVE's FDM Solver
- Tunable template gratings for Rowland circle and bifocal point stigmatic designs
- Import any arbitrary user-defined grating
- I/O waveguide arrays support multi-mode waveguides and arbitrary polarisation
- Accounts for all diffraction orders
- Flat and curved facets
- Supports any grating surface, including metals with complex refractive index
- Control tilt on grating facets in the plane for any blazed grating
- Tilt the grating out of plane to model non-vertical facets
- Simulate multiple vertical slab waveguide modes and the coupling between them
- Simulate tapering and cross-coupling between adjacent waveguides (with FIMMPROP)
- Export any design layout to a multilayer GDS-II file-from CAD to Fab in one click!
Free Evaluation Available
A free 30-day trial of EchelleCAD is available. Please contact us for more information.
For more information click here.